West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme: The Government of West Bengal has launched many welfare schemes for the upliftment of the citizens of the state. This time the government has started a new scheme for the fishermen of West Bengal. During the introduction of the West Bengal Budget 2024, the Finance Minister announced the “Samudra Sathi Scheme”. Under this scheme, registered fishermen will receive Rs 5000 monthly during the Fisherman Bandh period, i.e. a total financial assistance of Rs 10000 will be provided by the government for 2 months. More information like eligibility criteria, objectives, required documents, and application process of the scheme is covered in this article. please read it.
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme 2024
Fishing is a main trade for the people living in West Bengal. But from mid-April to mid-June there comes a time when fishing is restricted. During this period, it becomes very difficult for people who have to meet their fishing-based needs. To help the needy in this situation, on 8 February 2024, the Finance Minister of West Bengal announced the West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme during the introduction of Budget 2024, under which financial assistance of Rs 5000 per month will be provided. A budget of Rs 200 crore has been allocated for the implementation of this scheme. About 2 lakh beneficiaries will get benefits through this help.
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme 2024 Details in Highlights
|Samudra Sathi Scheme
|Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya
|08th February 2024
|Not Yet Announced
The objective of the Samudra Sathi Scheme
The scheme was launched at a time when the fishing ban from mid-April to mid-June did not allow citizens to earn their livelihood. A monthly sum of Rs 5000 will help them buy food and other necessities. Families can live their lives easily without any fear of money and food.
Districts Eligible Under Samudra Sathi Scheme
Registered fishermen living in these three coastal districts can apply under this scheme.
- East Midnapore, North and South 24-Parganas
Benefits And Features of the West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
Some features and benefits of the scheme are given below.
- The scheme was announced by Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya during the West Bengal 2024 budget presentation on 8 February 2024.
- Under this scheme, financial assistance of Rs 5000 will be provided every month, i.e. Rs 10000 will be provided.
- This amount will be provided during the fishing ban season from mid-April to mid-June.
- Only fishermen registered in three districts will receive the benefit – East Midnapore, North and South 24 Parganas.
- A budget of Rs 200 crore has been allocated for the implementation of the scheme.
- About 2 lakh fishermen will get the benefit of this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Samudra Sathi Scheme
First make sure that the applicant has to check the eligibility criteria for the scheme, which are given here.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- They must be registered fishermen.
- Only fishermen from East Midnapore, North, and South 24-Parganas can apply.
Documents Required West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme to Apply
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Bank account
- Domicile certificate
- Fisherman registration proof
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme Application Process
- First, open the official website of the scheme.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now on the homepage, click on “Apply Here” option.
- A new page will open on the screen with an application form.
- Enter your name, address, date of birth etc. in the application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Check the given information carefully.
- Now click on “Submit” option.
- Thus, you can easily apply for the scheme.
1. When and who launch the West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme?
State finance minister Chandrima Bhattacharya ne 8 February 2024 ko budget 2024 ke dauraan Samudra Sathi Yojana ka udghatan kiya.
2. What are the benefits of the West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme?
Under West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme you will be provided Rs 5000 per month for 2 months.
3. Who is eligible to apply for the scheme?
Registered fishermen from East Midnapore, North, and South 24-Parganas are eligible to apply.
4. How many beneficiaries will benefit from this scheme?
2 lakh beneficiaries of these three coastal districts will get the benefit of this scheme.